1. One thing that’s new is my new (replacement) BLUE Animas Ping pump.
I had been on the fence about whether to wait to upgrade in December or just get the broken, cracked green one I had replaced. After a lot of talking with Erik, I decided to get it replaced. I was told I would have to get a green one because they can’t replace and swap them out with a different color (I asked if I could get a pink replacement), and I was perfectly fine with that. I mean, my blog colors are blue, green, and purple, so pink would just be out of “range” anyways. Well, when the replacement Ping came, I opened the box and actually gasped. Then I laughed. I couldn’t believe it. I had been sent a blue one by accident… and what’s so cool about it is that I got it on November 1st! The FIRST day of National Diabetes Awareness Month! So far, I am back in love with the Ping. Not because it’s blue, but I really do think something was freaky wrong with my other one. I don’t have problems with the buttons like I did with the green one. I probably should have had it replaced way before, but I didn’t know they were as un-responsive as they were until I got this blue one. Oh, and I’ve chosen to name this one. My cousin actually nicknamed me “Blue Fireball” (long story) before I got it, so I’m passing on the nickname to it.
2. Even though I love the Contour Next USB Link meter, it doesn’t upload into Diasend. So, I’ll be switching back to the Verio meter. It’s not the best, but it’s better than my other meters. I’m very much a “data-driven” diabetic, and I do not like having multiple places to upload all of my equipment. I’m not going to upload my pump one place, my meter another place, and my CGM another. If I can at least keep my pump and meter combined into one place, I’m good.
3. Scott from PumpPeelz, the OmniPod skin maker, messaged me and asked if I would spread the word about their new product. They have teamed up with Team Type 1 to make an awesome design for a OmniPod Pump Peelz with the TT1 logo on it. Sales from it will help benefit Camp Kudzu, a camp to help “educate, empower, and inspire children living with diabetes”. I’m very much a diabetes camp fan, and I know how it is to need to raise the funds to keep these types of things going for the kids. The years I had gone, I was able to go via “scholarship”, and was SO very thankful to have that opportunity. Camp is something that I believe every single child with diabetes should be able to experience, so any cause that helps a diabetes camp out, I’m all for. If you use the OmniPod, please consider getting one of these “skins”. They’re cool, durable, and helps an awesome cause.
4. Oh, and JUST in case you missed it, there’s a National Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-A-Day challenge on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. I wrote about it Friday, as well as many others, and it’s a BIG hit. If you’re not a part of it, JOIN IN THE FUN! You’ll be glad you did. If you need the prompts again, here they are:
You just take a picture in Instagram, tag it with the day’s topic and #ndamphotoaday and share it! That’s it! Come on… you know ya want to! Wanna see what others have posted? Look at the feed here.
5. Even though I love my blue Ping, I’m still going to move forward with getting the t:slim. I’ll keep it as a backup, and all of my other pumps (except for the Revel) are going to be traded in. The Revel is being packed up in a special box and when my cousin needs it, it’s all hers. I will pay to have the warranty transferred at that time, but I just don’t see the point of having a bazillion pumps in my possession for “backup”s. I know she will take care of it too. My decision to do chose the Revel was because I know the sets for the Ping will interchange with the t:slim, and I’ll only have to hold on to a couple of boxes of reservoirs for it, not a whole enchilada of supplies for the Revel. I don’t want to have happen with the Revel that I did with my old Spirit pump – I went through my stuff a couple of weeks ago and found BOOKOODLES of reservoirs and sets that are now expired. And, call me crazy, but my numbers have done better on the Ping. I have YET to figure that one out.
That’s about it. I hope you all have a great week. Happy voting tomorrow!